Those who are already experienced models are likely to have had bookings in London before, after all it is where many of those who work in the industry are based.
Models Direct has numerous clients who are headquartered in London – and the production companies, crews and locations they use are also often in the capital or its surrounding area.
We do, of course, send our models across the UK, and beyond, but for those who take up our assignments in London, spending time in the city can also offer the chance of a little fun once the work is done.
And aspiring models, who have not yet landed their first booking, might also like to visit the city, just to see some of the sights and to experience London’s unique buzz.
Here are our top tips to having fun in the city:
1. Why not snap some shots for your e-portfolio in some of London’s most iconic locations. In one day, you can easily travel around the centre to take photos with places like the Houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace and Tower Bridge against clear skies in the background. And you get to experience all these exciting places at the same time. Ask a friend or family member to take the pictures, however, as clients don’t like to see selfies – and ask them to make sure you are carefully positioned without too much of busy London behind you.
2. Treat yourself to some delicious food while you are out and about – and London has it all. Visit vibrant Borough Market to taste sizzling hot street food from around the world; try Brick Lane for an authentic curry; Gerrard Street for all the colour and taste of Chinatown and the Portobello Road area for a true cockney pie and mash.
3. Fashionistas among you will also be spoiled for choice and wannabe models will probably want to take a stroll down the King’s Road in Chelsea. Famous for its role in fashion history, this is still the place to see an array of boutiques and top fashion brands: window shop, try a few outfits on and you never know you might find a bargain. You should also take the opportunity to wander off down some side streets to seek out charity shops that may yield some very special finds!
4. If you are looking for somewhere cool and trendy to meet up with your friends for a drink, while you are in London, you will have no trouble finding anywhere. Try the Soho area for some truly quirky and colourful bars or Shoreditch for places that ooze style and sophistication.
5. Then, later on, you may well want to continue your night out: how about heading to Leicester Square to catch a film in a cinema where the premieres are screened or up to a theatre in the West End to see one of the big shows? You might also want to go clubbing – and again, you can take your pick. Depending on your music tastes, you might like to head to Fabric, Heaven, the Ministry of Sound or Cargo.