The internet has changed dramatically over the last few years, particularly social media and the ability we now have to promote ourselves online, you could ask…..Why have an agent??
Models Direct has been established for nearly 30 years and has seen how the modelling & talent industry has evolved and why it’s now more important than EVER to be with a professional agency – here’s why:
- Model Safety – At Models Direct our talents safety and well being is paramount to us when going on an assignment. Our booking coordinators have a screening process for all new clients that book models with us, to ensure they are reputable and genuine. We also have on going relationships with many of our clients, so we know exactly who will be on the shoots, the locations of the shoot and the timings – this is incredibly important when you are working in this industry. An agent also doesn’t mind asking these questions to ensure your safety, whereas independent talent may fear asking incase they risk loosing the job.
- The Ability to Negotiate Rates – Negotiating model rates is a big part of a Booking Coordinators job, of course clients want to pay as little as possible for talent and budgets can be low in this industry, so it is up to your agent to ensure you are being paid a fair rate for the work you are doing. Clients who book models from social media may well choose inexperienced models who wouldn’t know what rate they should be getting or have the confidence to ask for it.
- Suitable Assignments – The modelling industry can be a minefield and if you are a new model it can be very difficult to know what type of jobs to go for, this is the same for all talent. Having an agent represent you, means they are working on your behalf to promote you for assignments that suit your personality, skill set or look, therefore when selected for work you will have the reassurance you can fulfill client expectations.
- Agency Information – Casting Directors, Production Companies and Advertising Agencies are generally super busy people, bookings are often fast, and information is passed quickly and not always straight forward! As a freelance model this can be difficult to grasp, so at Models Direct we compile all the relative information that our talent will need and then give it to you in written format, so you have all the correct details for the job, ie, location address, dates, times, any particular requests.
- Agency Contacts – Models Direct is very well established agency that has been in the industry along time and has worked with very well known brands and clients all over the world. Our booking agents are always on the phone and in constant communication with regular and new clients, therefore we have built up quite a useful list of contacts within the talent industry. This takes years to do and is not possible for an individual to or freelance model to create.