Just those words alone will seem impossible to the majority of us, it’s part of your daily routine, your mask of confidence, could you face the day without it?
Skincare and beauty is big business, especially in the modelling industry and something most of us invest heavily into. Believing we need the latest moisturiser, serum or foundation to get the flawless complexion we are aspiring to, endless hours desperately searching for the perfect shade of lipstick or the eyeliner that is apparently smudge resistant – does that really exist?!
Being a model it is very important to look after your natural looks, days spent filming or on photo shoots will mean having heavy make up applied on a regular basis, this can take it’s toll on your skin. It’s essential to let your skin breath, recover and for you to feel confident to bare all.
Here are a few helpful tips to feeling beautiful naturally:
1: Stick to the basics of a good skincare regime on a daily basis, morning and evening. Choose products that are right for your skin type and source advice from industry experts if you are unsure what would be best for you. Try and use products that are not full of chemicals and are made from natural ingredients. You don’t need lots of products as then you can over feed your skin, but a cleanser, toner and moisturiser at a minimum. Be sure you cleanse, tone and moisturise thoroughly before going to bed, this will remove any build up from the day and also allow your moisturiser to be absorbed into the skin before you go to bed.
2. Your skin may be have a dull appearance to it, to overcome this use a good exfoliater twice a week to remove the top layer of dead skin cells. By doing this you will encourage new skin cell growth and increase the blood flow to your skin, this will help create a natural glow.
3. Make sure you have a good ‘day’ moisturiser, by applying this after you’ve cleansed and toned in the morning you will begin the day knowing your skin is absorbing lots of natural and healthy ingredients throughout the day.
4. Eyebrows frame your face, often we can ‘over do’ them with too much make-up, making them appear to severe. For a more natural look simply keep them tidy with a brow comb or even an old toothbrush, comb them up and out to create a shape and this will also open up the eye area. You can use a very small amount of vaseline or brow gel to help keep them in place.
5. People’s attention is often drawn to our mouths, so it’s important to make sure your teeth are sparkly and clean! After brushing it’s good to also floss, this will help keep your breath fresh and your teeth extra clean. After brushing use your toothbrush to exfoliate your lips, by doing this you will remove any dead skin cells and increase blood flow, giving your lips a fuller appearance.
6. To brighten your eyes and appear awake and fresh use saline drops or non-medicated eye drops to hydrate them. This is particularly useful if you have been on lots of shoots and castings and you may have slightly blood shot eyes from lights and make up.
7. Make sure your hair is brushed and in good condition, you an do this by using a hair mask or with natural ingredients to ensure your hair is healthy and shiny.
Going make-up free might be a step too far for some, however following these useful steps might allow you to have days when you let your skin breath and you find confidence in making the best of yourself and be a natural beauty!