Securing an assignment is a very exciting time and if it’s your first assignment it can seem a little overwhelming…..
The Models Direct team have put together their top tips to help you be at your best on your assignment, here are a few useful things to remember:
- Get as much information as you can about the company you will be representing. It is useful to have an idea of what is expected of you on your model assignment. Most companies will have a website you can use to get some details, or your agency may have a visual of the shots they are looking for. This will give you an idea of what is required of you, as well as understanding ‘the product’.
- Make sure you have all the necessary information about the model assignment itself, including contact numbers for Models Direct.
- Make sure your mobile is switched on and fully charged!
- Check the final details of the Model Assignment with Models Direct. These may include: What will I be expected to wear? What clothing and shoes should I take? Can I park on site? What time will I start/finish?
- Make sure you know the contact name of your client on site and who to report to on arrival. Be sure to have the stand number for a promotional job, or entrance number for large premises. These details will often be provided to you on a booking form.
- Never be late – in fact, aim to arrive at least 15 minutes early. Plan your route in advance and give yourself plenty of time on the day in case something unexpected happens. This is particularly important if you’re going to use public transport.
Helpful tips to parents who are taking their baby/toddler on assignment:
- Make sure your child looks clean and smart when going to the model assignment.
- Leave plenty of time to get there so that you can arrive on time and you and your child will not get stressed!
- Try to arrange jobs to suit your child’s day (working around nap or feeding times) and/or let your model agency know that your child will need a sleep or a feed.
- Make sure you have all the necessary equipment with you (spare clothes, nappies, wipes, food, toys and dummies).
- Be prepared for long waits, as photo studios can be very busy and model assignments don’t always run to schedule. Take something to keep your child amused – perhaps a new book or toy.
- Keep your child under control at all times – there will usually be lots of expensive equipment around!
It’s really important to make the best impression you can with client’s, you never know if they may look to book you or your child again for future assignments. It also means the Models Direct team get great feedback about you from the client, so makes it easier for the team to successfully promote you to other clients.